Tuesday, January 25, 2011

when i paint my masterpiece

... Bob Dylan will be shocked, and quite frankly so will the rest of the world. But that shouldn't stop a girl from trying. And if Kristjana Gunnars can sort me and my brush strokes out then woo hoo!

This Wednesday, 26th January, the Art Cafe talk & discussion series opens at the Gibsons Public Art Gallery. The theme of this seven part series is 'Understanding Contemporary Arts Movements.' First up on Wednesday, Kristjana will be covering Landscape Painting. The talks are held on the last Wednesday of each month and go from 7:30pm to 9:30pm. For more information visit GPAG or Kristjana's own site Kristjana Gunnars.

Some of my favorite pieces by Kristjana are shown above, especially rockin is the third one, titled 'World Map.' I'm also obsessed with her Red Series, but it didn't fit my page layout properly so you'll have to check it out here.

Introducing Kristjana Gunnars ladies and gentlemen - absolutely the coolest name I've heard in a long time!

Images: Kristjana Gunnars - Air, Lachrimae, World MapWinter Morning Series



No comments:

Post a Comment